Keith Boone presented about CDA and CCD history at the IHE dinner in Toronto last night.
Highlights from Keith’s presentation:
– Interesting to know that CCD came from Vancouver Island Health Authority Electronic Medical Summaries project.
– Schematron for message conformance over XSD and it’s an ISO standard. Good to know.
– What is the difference between a document and a message?
Whenever you go back and ask for Information and if you get the same thing back then it’s a document. It is persistent compared to a message, if you are caught up in document vs messages.
– Where in the world is XDS ?
– Checkout CDA Tools
– Keith also has a new book coming out in May 2011 on CDA.
And here is Keith’s post on his speech if you are looking for meat.
Great to hang out with the standards geeks from IHE and meet great people and catch with up with old friends who are involved in improving healthcare and healthcare standards.
Thanks to HIMSS for the wine.