Switching gears to information technology in healthcare, I attended the annual general meeting of Ontario chapter of HIMSS. It was great to meet friends and see some familiar faces in the industry and listen to interesting education sessions from the status of Electronic Medical Record(EMR) adoption in healthcare provider settings to a pilot chronic disease management project in Barrie, Ontario
The meeting was held in the lovely Sunnybrook Estates, which always enthralls me as I am a big fan of historic places and buildings.
Coming back to the sessions, most of the session was webcast and archived and you can find the webcast in the links below.
- John Hoyt, Vice President Healthcare Organizational Services, HIMSS, who gave us the FIRST view of HIMSS Analytic results specific to Ontario
- Trina Noonan, North Simcoe Muskoka Community Care Access Centre, who presented on an exciting project CHRIS-Procura Integration Project, she hopes to present a first year update at our AGM 2010
- Lee Miller, Director IT North Simcoe Muskoka CCAC and Florann Shaw, We Care, gave us a glimpse of the technology used to monitor patients’ health status remotely
- Shelley Cameron, Barrie and Community Family Health Team who presented on a very successful Telehomecare chronic disease management pilot project with great potential.
I am going to elaborate on two specific sessions, especially the following sessions.
- John Hoyt, VP at HIMSS, who showed, for the first time, the status of EMR adoption in Ontario hospitals
- Shelley Cameron on telehomecare chronic disease management pilot project, which had very successful outcomes and has huge implications for chronic disease management in Ontario
Next time, I hope to see you at the Sunnybrook Estates and stay tuned for further posts on the two above.